The College Library is located at the Burdon Street campus. It caters to all faculties and is open to all members of the academic, administrative staff and all registered students. The library offers home lending, reference and research services. Internet access, printing and photocopying services are also available to students in the library.
The Library’s collection comprises about 7,000 monographs supporting the curricula of the College. Our online catalogue is currently under construction.
The Reserved, Reference, Overnight and General collections are organized by subject according to the Dewey Decimal (DDC) Classification System. Charts with the main classes and subdivisions of the DDC are mounted on the shelves to guide users to the books of their choice. The staff is trained to assist in locating pertinent information on the shelves.
To add value to its collection, the Library subscribes to EBSCO’s online comprehensive reference system which offers scholarly and full-text articles as well as popular databases ranging from general reference collections to subject specific databases.
These resources include:
- EBSCO’s full texts journals, magazines and eBooks
- The Nursing Reference Centre which provides evidence-based information for nursing research and more
- The Auto-Repair Reference Centre.
Access the EBSCOhost’s collection at http://search.ebscohost.com/. For log-in information please visit the Library or call 465-2856 ext. 1112. After Login, click on one of the services and then click the Help button for information which will assist you in navigating the platform.
Services and Programs
- The Library loans books from the Overnight and General Collections for home use and materials from the Reserved Book Collection (priority reading materials) and Reference Collection (language and subject dictionaries, thesauri, guides) for in-library use only.
- The Library conducts orientation sessions for new and returning students at the beginning of the academic year, user education programmes as well as workshops to support student success during the semester. Class library orientations as well as drop-in sessions for Faculty and students in using the EBSCO resources and citation formats are organized. Webinars by the EBSCO staff in using the products on the platform are also offered.
- Photocopying, printing, scanning and binding services are provided for a fee at the Library Service Desk.
- Research Services. The Director of Library Services will assist patrons in finding information on a particular topic and with database searching.
- Current Awareness Services based on Faculty Research Profile. Upon completion of a faculty research profile form, the Library emails scanned contents pages of new books or journals which are in line with faculty research needs.
- Interlibrary Loan. We have an informal arrangement with Co-ordinator of the Teachers’ Resource Centre at the Ministry of Education to borrow available books which are not available in our collection.
- Exhibits promoting the Library’s information resources as well as current students’ creative designs are mounted.
- Course Reserve Services. Facultymay place course related materials, Library owned/personal copies/photocopied/printed materials, on reserve for use by students before the first day of instruction each semester.
- Computers, desk tops and laptops, are available for study and research and include Internet and CD ROM /DVD access and Microsoft Office Programs. Wireless internet access is available in the Library.
- A group study area, The Library Learning Landing, is provided on the front balcony. Reservations must be made at the Library Service Desk.
- A paper cutter, long arm stapler and giant stapler are available for student use.
- Academic Book/ Resources Week will be hosted to provide a forum for faculty, CFBC alumni authors, CFBC student authors and other authors in the community to share their works with the general public.
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
CFBC Online Catalogue
Please click here for the CFBC online service catalogue via: https://opac.libraryworld.com/opac/home.php