The Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College (CFBC) invites applications and nominations from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of President.
Reporting to the Board of Governors, the President serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the College. The preferred candidate should possess academic credentials sufficient to undertake the tasks that are required to lead all elements of a tertiary level institution including inter alia: academic programme development and delivery, student support, staff engagement, financial management and compliance and local, regional and international stakeholder engagement. While demonstrating an unwavering commitment to scholarship, learning and discovery, the College President should also possess senior level executive experience evidencing: strong leadership qualities; higher education, business, government and political acumen; accomplishment; the ability to work within complex, multifaceted, systems; and the vision to deal with the dramatic challenges of the ongoing transformation of higher education. The successful candidate will embrace excellence, integrity, and exhibit the abilities required to cultivate and implement the change necessary to ensure the sustainability, viability and future success of CFBC.
About the College
CFBC is a semi-autonomous educational institution established by the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis to cater to the needs of the widest possible cross-section of the post-secondary and adult population. The College’s programmes are delivered across five (5) Divisions namely: Technical, Vocational Education and Management Studies (TVEMS), Teacher Education, Health Sciences, Art, Science and General Studies (ASGS) and Adult and Continuing Education (ACE). Additionally, the CFBC in collaboration with the University of the West Indies offers the UWI Level One programme. Over the past few years, the College has been working towards full accreditation, and is engaged in activities to ensure this comes to fruition.
Duties & Responsibilities
CFBC and its Board of Governors seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of strong ethical leadership, educational accomplishments and an ability to foster internal and external partnerships, to serve as the next College president; whose duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:-
1. The day-to-day administration, management, leadership and oversight over the operations of the College.
2. In concert with the Board, the President sets the vision, direction, and priorities of the institution, and ensures that all are reflective of the College’s mission of addressing the educational needs of the Federation and demonstrating a commitment to broad student accessibility and success.
3. Working with a wide range of internal and external constituents to lead, support and sustain the College’s vision, philosophy and mission, as well as to advocate locally, regionally and internationally for the College’s mission.
4. Actively advancing the mission of the College with business, industry, government, and civic leaders.
5. Effectively representing the College within and across the national and regional landscape and with the media, government, and other stakeholders.
6. Collaborating with public and private secondary and postsecondary institutions, businesses, and agencies.
7. Developing and sustaining relationships with foundations, corporations, alumni, and friends to advance the College’s resource development efforts
8. Advocating for the College at the various levels of government.
9. Establishing a strong relationship with the Board of Governors
Ideal Qualities & Characteristics
The ideal candidate for President of CFBC will be one who has a/an…
• Understanding of and is committed to the comprehensive educational needs of St Kitts-Nevis, including the advancement of award-granting programs that reflect local and regional needs;
• Passionate work ethic, proven analytical and reasoning ability, high energy, and strong oral and written communication skills;
• Collaborative leadership style and understands the importance of gaining the trust and respect of staff, students, higher education leaders, business officials and the national community;
• Proven leadership in successful fundraising and resource development within the private and public sectors;
• Inclusive leadership style that engages internal and external stakeholders as participants in the achievements and future goals of the College; as well as evokes trust, welcomes collaboration, reflects confident decision making, and effectively engages the talents and experiences of team players;
• Commitment to the total educational development of student growth with a proven background, including attendance and participation, of supporting on-campus student events and efforts,
• Innovative and creative ability to match existing and new programmes to the needs of a robust business community.
• Ability to nurture and create a high performing leadership team.
• Solid management, organization and systems thinking skills.
• Vision for CFBC.
1. A Masters’ Degree in Business Administration, Education, Finance or other related discipline is required. An earned Doctorate from an accredited institution of higher education would be an asset.
2. Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to Community or Technical College experience.
3. An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside an Institution.
4. A motivated leader who has a record of sound fiscal management, experience in a senior administrative position, and proficiency in community engagement.
All Applicants must submit for review the following:
• An formal application letter describing relevant experience and interest in the position;
• Curriculum Vitae;
• Names, Titles and Contact Information of five (5) References;
• All candidate materials must be received by 5:00 PM EST on June 24, 2022 and is preferred if.
Electronic submission of materials is made in PDF format. The review of applications will begin July 4, 2022.
Please Note: All semi-finalists will be required to submit a 10-minute video presentation. All applications should be emailed to email@example.com or sent via postage mail and addressed to:
CFBC President Search Committee
ATTN: Chairman of the Board of Governors
Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College
P. O. Box 286