Agri-Business: focus on best practices for agricultural enterprises (marketing, accounting, financial planning, value-added processing, human resource management, and entrepreneurship).
Agro-Technology: practical knowledge of building design, irrigation systems, hydroponics, pest management, agro-processing, engines, tools, and all other technology and infrastructure necessary to operate agricultural enterprises efficiently.
Agricultural Science: many of the practical applications emphasized in the other two concentrations with more advanced concepts in biology, chemistry, and plant genetics for those students with the aptitude and desire to continue their study to the bachelor’s level and beyond.
- Agriculture Science (Grade I, II, or III) or its equivalence
- CSEC English Language (Grade I, II, or III) or its equivalence
- Any other TWO (2) CSEC subjects (Grade I, II, or III) or the equivalence
- Any Other Four (4) CSEC subjects (Grade I, II, or III) or the equivalence OR
- NVQ in the related field** OR
- CVQ Level 2 in the related field OR
- Special consideration will be given to mature students (over 25) under the College Mature Student Clause. These candidates will be required to complete a professional development portfolio, which will serve as documented evidence of their prior knowledge experience(s)
Award: CFBC Associate’s Degree in Agricultural Science Technology.