The Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC) programme is a two-year full-time Technician Programme designed to advance the preparation of individuals for careers in the refrigeration and air conditioning field. The purpose of the programme is to develop the level of knowledge required y Technicians, over a wide range of applications. The programme also provides a progressive pattern of specialism in RAC principles and technology
The requirements to enter the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician programme at CFBC are as follows:
- CSEC English Language (Grade I, II, or III) or its equivalence
- CSEC Mathematics (Grade I, II, or III) or its equivalence
- Any Other Four (4) CSEC subjects (Grade I, II, or III) or the equivalence
- Any Other TWO (2) CSEC subjects (Grade I, II, or III) or the equivalence OR
- NVQ in the related field** OR
- CFBC Diploma in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology OR
- Special consideration will be given to mature students (over 25) under the College Mature Student Clause. These candidates will be required to complete a professional development portfolio, which will serve as documented evidence of their prior knowledge experience(s).
AWARDS: CFBC Associate Degree in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician.