The Board of Governors of the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following full-time position with effect from FEBRUARY 1, 2022:
WORKSHOP/MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN–AIR CONDITIONING AND REFRIGERATION
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must possess:
Associate Degree in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration with 2 years industry experience OR
Diploma in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration with 5 years industry experience.
PURPOSE: To support faculty in the air conditioning and refrigeration workshop and provide
maintenance services to the air condition units and other cooling appliances of the College.
1. Prepare and set up the materials and cooling appliances for the workshop practical sessions.
2. Assist with monitoring and guiding students during the workshop practical sessions.
3. Safeguard equipment and tools and place in storage after practical sessions.
4. Prepare and keep inventories of equipment, tools and materials and make recommendations for ordering.
5. Clean, maintain and service equipment, tools and machines.
6. Install refrigeration or air conditioning components such as motors, controls, gauges, valves, circulating pumps, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators and compressors.
7. Measure and cut piping, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment.
8. Prepare weekly activity schedules of work and submit to the Dean of TVEMS and Maintenance Officer.
9. Assist with maintaining Occupational Health and Safety Standards in the workshop.
10. Complete the frequent maintenance of College air condition units and other cooling appliances in consultation with the Maintenance Officer.
11. Any other related duties assigned by the Dean of TVEMS or the Maintenance Officer.
Applications from Qualified Applicants should include:
Letter of Application
Official academic certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents (certified copies)
Two references with telephone and e-mail addresses
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the current salary
structure at the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College. All application documents should be scanned and submitted as one email file to:
and addressed to
The Chair of the Board of Governors
Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College,
P.O. Box 268, Burdon Street, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of applications is JANUARY 5, 2022. Late applications will not be acknowledged.Read More