The Tourism/Hospitality Industry must be staffed at all levels by individuals who are well equipped with the knowledge, skills and appropriate attitudes to satisfy the demands of this dynamic industry.
This global training can best be realized through a dedicated partnership between the specialized educational institutions and the tourism sector. A partnership such as this should effectively garner the requisites of the industry, thereby making it possible to provide students with the essentials to contribute to a prosperous Tourism/Hospitality Industry. These programmes were developed as an important component of the Caribbean Tourism Learning System (CTLS). They address the growing need for a common, competency-based curriculum and provides the employers with potential employees who possess a sound theoretical and practical base.
Programmes General Objectives
The Hospitality Studies Associate Degree in Applied Science programme is designed to:
- Improve the level of professionalism of an ever-changing tourism and hospitality industry.
- Educate and train productive and employable people in a global community.
- Provide consistent delivery of content so employers will have realistic expectations of graduates with a Certificate in Hospitality Studies.
- Ensure transferability and articulation with other colleges and universities within the region and where relevant, meet regional occupational standards.
Students seeking acceptance to the Hospitality Studies Associate Degree in Applied Science should possess a minimum of four GCE O Level Grades A, B or C; or four CXC General Level Grade I, II or III subjects including English, and Mathematics.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of work experience (where skills are
- Three (3) CXC Passes
- Mature student status
CFBC Associate Degree in Hospitality Studies.
YEAR 1: SEMESTER 1
|Course Codes||COURSE NAME||CREDITS||Pre-requisites|
|HHFT1013||Introduction to Tourism Hospitality||3|
|HHFT1010||Introduction to Management||3|
|HHFT1011||Food Beverage 1||3|
|SAFE1002||Sanitation , Safety & Hygiene||3|
|ENG1041||English & Communication I||3|
|YEAR 1: SEMESTER 2|
|ACCT1001||Principle of Accounting||3|
|ENG1042||English & Communication II||3||ENG1041|
|YEAR 2: SEMESTER 3|
|HMAT2001||Math’s & Statistic||3|
Leisure and Recreation Management
|HHFT2008||Food and Beverage Cost Control||3|
|YEAR 2: SEMESTER 4|
|HHFT2004||Quality Customer Care||3|
|MGMT2002||Events and Conference Management|
|HHFT1012||Food and Beverage 2||4||HHFT1011|