The Associate Automotive Engineering Technology degree programme was designed to develop knowledge and skills in all technical aspects of the automobile. It aims at developing manual skills in servicing, testing, diagnosing and repairing the automotive. The programme prepares individuals with the requisite skills for employment in the automotive industry. It also develops knowledge and skills that will allow the successful graduate to advance their studies or matriculate into advanced-level programme in automotive engineering technology.
The requirements to enter the Automotive Engineering Technology programme at CFBC are as follows:
- CSEC Mathematics (Grade I, II, or III) or its equivalence.
- CSEC English Language (Grade I, II, or III) or its equivalence
- Any other TWO (2) CSEC subjects (Grade I, II, or III) or the equivalence
- Any Other Four (4) CSEC subjects (Grade I, II, or III) or the equivalence OR
- NVQ in the related field** OR
- CVQ Level 2 in the related field OR
- CFBC Diploma in Automotive Engineering Technology OR
- Special consideration will be given to mature students (over 25) under the College Mature Student Clause. These candidates will be required to complete a professional development portfolio, which will serve as documented evidence of their prior knowledge experience(s)